Our trip to Turkey was wonderful – exciting, challenging, beautiful, relaxing, rewarding. The very best part was being able to spend time with Onur’s family – Ömer (whose name I mispronounced the entire visit), Sevgi and Berkay.
Things I’ll miss:
- Turkish hospitality
- Turkish food (so fresh and delicious, enjoyed with friends, often outdoors)
- The Mediterranean (beautiful blue, clear water, perfect temperature for swimming)
- The coastal scenery
Things at home that I’ve developed a better appreciation for:
- Hot morning showers, not dependent on solar-heated water
- Widely-available high-speed reliable internet access
- Being able to drink tap water
- Relatively sane drivers
I’m looking forward to our next trip to Turkey, which will definitely involve visiting Kaş and learning more Turkish.